Nursing Process Project – nursing interventions
The implementation stage of the process is where you, as a nurse, apply action to your client’s care.
As a reminder, an overview of the Nursing Process Project and the project resources can be found in Module 3: Nursing Process Project: Overview.
The fourth part of the Nursing Process Project requires you to complete the implementation section on the Nursing Process Project template. Follow these steps to complete this part of the project.
Step 1: Complete the implementation section of the Nursing Process Project template by including a minimum of two interventions for each goal identified. Consider the following as you formulate client interventions:
What nursing interventions do you think are necessary to accomplish your goals?
What will assist the client in meeting the goals?
If a category is non-applicable, simply write NA in that section of the template.
Use one of this nursing interventions:
- Active listening: This involves listening attentively and empathetically to the patient to understand their needs, concerns, and preferences.
- Prevent falls: This involves implementing measures to reduce the risk of falls for the patient, such as installing grab bars, using bed alarms, and assisting the patient with transfers and ambulation.
- Control pain: This involves implementing measures to reduce the patient’s pain levels, such as administering pain medication, using complementary therapies such as massage, and implementing pain management strategies such as relaxation techniques.
- Cluster care: This involves grouping similar tasks together to increase efficiency and reduce the amount of time spent on each task.
- Turn every two hours/promote position changes: This involves turning the patient every two hours to prevent skin breakdown and promote circulation.
- Promote adequate oral intake: This involves encouraging the patient to eat and drink enough to maintain their health and prevent dehydration.
- Promote self-care: This involves encouraging the patient to participate in activities that promote their health and well-being, such as bathing, grooming, and exercise.
Step 1: Complete the implementation section of the Nursing Process Project template
Goal: To prevent falls
- Assess the patient’s risk for falls and implement fall prevention measures, such as installing grab bars, using bed alarms, and assisting the patient with transfers and ambulation.
- Regularly monitor the patient’s mobility and assist with transfers and ambulation as needed.
What nursing interventions do you think are necessary to accomplish your goals? The two interventions listed above are necessary to help prevent falls and ensure the patient’s safety.
What will assist the client in meeting the goals? Assessing the patient’s risk for falls and implementing fall prevention measures will reduce the risk of falls and keep the patient safe. Regularly monitoring the patient’s mobility and assisting with transfers and ambulation will also help prevent falls.