How do medical jobs and work done by physicians affect how managers
Week Two: Discussion TWO
Instructions: ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
• How do medical jobs and work done by physicians affect how managers (you, put yourself in this role) should manage an HCO (HEALTH CARE ORG)? Ways in which the work done by physicians and other medical professionals can affect the work of managers in the healthcare industry:
Managing patient flow: Managers in healthcare organizations may be responsible for coordinating the flow of patients through the facility and ensuring that patients receive timely and appropriate care. This can be particularly challenging in settings where there are a high volume of patients and limited resources.
Managing staffing and scheduling: Managers may be responsible for managing staffing levels and schedules to ensure that there are sufficient medical professionals available to meet the needs of patients. This can involve coordinating schedules, managing time-off requests, and handling issues related to staff shortages or conflicts.
Managing budgets and resource allocation: Managers in healthcare organizations often have responsibility for managing budgets and allocating resources in a way that maximizes efficiency and effectiveness. This can involve working closely with medical professionals to understand their needs and ensuring that they have the resources they need to provide high-quality care to patients.
Managing patient safety and quality of care: Managers in healthcare organizations may be responsible for implementing policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of patients. This can involve coordinating with medical professionals to identify and address potential risks or issues related to patient care.
The work done by medical professionals can have a significant impact on the role of managers in healthcare organizations. It is important for managers to work closely with medical professionals to ensure that patients receive high-quality, safe care and to support the work of medical professionals in achieving these goals.
• Focus on the leadership behaviors required that may be different than those required for other associates.
1. Responses should be of sufficient length (200 words) with proper grammar.
2. Cite two references (one may be your text) using APA format,
3. 200 word minimum.
Link to book is:
Password: (I will send in message)
• Chapter 4: Organizing: Jobs, Positions, and Departments
• Chapter 5: Organizing: Organizations
• Chapter 6: Organizing: Groups & Teams
• Chapter 7: Staffing: Obtaining Employees
• Chapter 8: Staffing: Retaining Employees