6003 assignment Understanding the work
Understanding the work of others is critically important to new work. Contributions to the nursing body of knowledge can happen when you are able to analyze and articulate the efforts of previous research. Research analysis skills are therefore critical tools for your toolbox.
In this Assignment, you will locate relevant existing research. You also will analyze this research using a tool helpful for analysis.
• Reflect on the strategies presented in the Resources this Module’s Learning Resources in support of locating and analyzing research.
• Use the Walden Library to identify and read one peer-reviewed research article focused on a topic in your specialty field that interests you.
• Review the article you selected and reflect on the professional practice use of theories/concepts described by the article.
Using the “Module 3 | Part 3” section of your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template presented in the Resources, conduct an analysis of the elements of the research article you identified. Be sure to include the following:
• Your topic of interest.
• A correctly formatted APA citation of the article you selected, along with link or search details.
• Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts presented in the article.
• Analysis of the article using the “Research Analysis Matrix” section of the template
• Write a 1-paragraph justification stating whether you would recommend this article to inform professional practice.
• Write a 2- to 3-paragraph summary that you will add to your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan that includes the following:
o Describe your approach to identifying and analyzing peer-reviewed research.
o Identify at least two strategies that you would use that you found to be effective in finding peer-reviewed research.
o Identify at least one resource you intend to use in the future to find peer-reviewed research.
Module 3 | Part 3: Research Analysis
I have identified one topic of interest for further study. I have researched and identified one peer-reviewed research article focused on this topic and have analyzed this article. The results of these efforts are shared below. I have zeroed in on one area of interest that warrants additional research. I conducted research, found one research article that was peer-reviewed and focused on this topic, and assessed this piece. The outcomes of these efforts are presented in the next paragraphs.
Instructions: In order to finish Step 1, you will need to identify and evaluate the research paper that you have picked by using the table and the succeeding space below. Finish off Step 2 by summarizing the findings of your study in two to three paragraphs, making use of the space that has been designated for this purpose.
Directions: Complete Step 1 by using the table and subsequent space below identify and analyze the research article you have selected. Complete Step 2 by summarizing in 2-3 paragraphs the results of your analysis using the space identified.
Step 1: Research Analysis
Complete the table below
Topic of Interest:
Research Article: Include full citation in APA format, as well as link or search details (such as DOI)
Professional Practice Use:
One or more professional practice uses of the theories/concepts presented in the article
Research Analysis Matrix
Add more rows if necessary Strengths of the Research Limitations of the Research Relevancy to Topic of Interest Notes
Step 2: Summary of Analysis
Craft a summary (2-3 paragraph) below that includes the following:
• Describe your approach to identifying and analyzing peer-reviewed research(WALDEN LIBRARY DATABASES SUCH AS PUBMED)
• Identify at least two strategies that you would use that you found to be effective in finding peer-reviewed research
• Identify at least one resource you intend to use in the future to find peer-reviewed research (DATABASE LIKE PUBMED)